Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just a Brief Update

I'm not counting this as a full update but I wanted to come on here to talk about my early impressions of L.A. Noire.

First thing you notice is the polish. Rockstar does their games right. The graphics, the city, the voice acting...all top notch. Exactly what we've come to expect from Rockstar and they didn't disappoint.
I've played through 2 cases if you count the opening section as a case. It mostly short sections of different events in the game that worked as a tutorial so you could learn how all of the different police work...well, worked. So far, the game is pretty much exactly what I wanted it to be. The special facial work they did is really something you have to see. The mouths move perfectly in sync with the dialogue and the emotion conveyed in each of the characters' faces is unbelievable. I can see this technology really making an impact in the future.

The interrogation process is a lot like Phoenix Wright. You listen to the perp talk, watch his face to give away his emotion, then decide if they are lying or telling the truth. If they are lying, you need to present evidence that proves the lie. If you choose wrong, you'll lose valuable information. It works...it isn't perfect though. I've only been through one really short interrogation and I had to redo it about 3 times because I kept choosing wrong. We'll see how I feel about this after playing some more of the game.

That's really all I'm going to say right now until I spend more time with the game. I just wanted to get a quick impression up. Early in, this has the potential to be the game of the year. I really hope that opinion holds up as I play more. Keep checking back and I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment